Thank you to Áine, Emmanuele, and Hannah – DYC 2016-2017 – for their energetic and faith-filled service to the young people of the Derry Diocese.
Over the course of the past year, the DYC have done some truly amazing work with the young people of Diocese of Derry…
• They have written and delivered over twenty retreats on various themes for post-primary schools all across the Diocese;
• Visited our parishes where they gave ‘Church Talks’, assisted with special celebrations of the Mass, and set up Youth Groups;
• They have worked closely with the schools in Derry City delivering programmes such as ‘Youth Alpha’, ‘Altaration’, and more recently ‘NUA’;
• Assisted with Sacramental Preparation of young people receiving their First Holy Communion and Confirmation in parishes all over the Diocese;
• Played a big role in many Diocesan events such as ‘Fan the Flame’ and the #JP2Award Ceremony and Pilgrimage to Knock;
• They planned and delivered, alongside Bishop Donal, the ‘Rediscover’ Lenten Talks which enabled young people to explore their faith;
• Organised a ‘Revival’ night at a local coffee house where young people gathered together to be formed in their faith by Fr. Patrick;
• Helped organise liturgies for many events such as the Diocesan Pilgrimage to Croagh Patrick;
• Were instrumental in the work that went into the Nativity Play, Passion Play, and Saint Columba Play in the Templemore Parish;
• Resourced and delivered the Children’s Liturgy Programme and ‘JAM’ Programme for Saint Eugene’s Cathedral and Saint Columba’s Longtower.
Their tireless work and dedication to their faith and young people made this year’s DYC Team an absolute credit to the Diocese and a pleasure to work with.
Thank you once again to Áine, Emmanuele, and Hannah. We hope you’re enjoying a well-deserved rest and we wish you all the very best for the future. Be assured of the prayers of this Diocese and trust that God will guide on you the right path.