DYC are seeking new members to join this September. This is a fantastic opportunity to spend your gap year helping our young people grow and develop in their faith and contribute to the life of the Church.
Take a DYC Gap Year
A DYC Gap Year is a faith based Gap Year opportunity for young adults aged between 18 – 25. The three main aspects of DYC Gap Year are: Accompaniment, Community and Encounter.
If you are…
- Aged 18 – 25;
- Finished second level education;
- Want to be part of an exciting and dynamic faith community;
- Want to explore and develop your faith; and
- Willing to commit to live in a faith community for ten months starting in September… then we want to hear from you!
This Gap Year will start in September 2020. If you or someone you know might be interested in this Gap Year just get in touch.
As part of DYC, you will spend 10 months ministering to young people within the Parish of Templemore and throughout the whole of the Derry Diocese. You will spend your Gap Year living in community with other DYC members and work with and help our Youth Ministry Team deliver their exciting and dynamic faith programme. You will have the chance to develop and be formed in your catholic faith as an individual and within the community.
- Accompaniment – accompany the young people in our diocese as they learn about their faith
- Community – living in a faith community with others the same age as you
- Encounter – encounter Jesus through others and in the work that you do
As part of this Gap Year, you will not only be involved in faith, youth ministry and community, however, it will also be a chance for fun within the ministry, community life and social times. This Gap Year is a great opportunity for any young adult who wants to do something meaningful, and who has a passion for youth ministry and faith.